Montage Support Services
…is a leading service provider that offers innovative and individualized services that directly responds to the wishes, hopes, dreams and aspirations of each person living with us. Montage Support Services is committed to providing quality support to people with complex support needs. This is accomplished through a shared focus of families, staff and volunteers in promoting opportunities for individual growth in all aspects of a person’s life, ensuring dignity and respect.
Who we are
Typically, applicants come with a background or certification in: Social Work, Behaviour Management, Psychology, Disability Studies and/or Personal Support Work. Some people have had work experience in similar work environments or the non profit sector, and then there are others who come to us seeking a change in career direction or personal growth.
Success in the role is not only determined by credentials. Although a solid learned competency in high standards of care is essential, (some people you support will need assistance with personal care, tolieting and eating) we place equal value on the capacity of our staff to be consistent and intentional around advocating for, and actively demonstrating what it means to support someone with a disability, in their own neighborhood and community.
What to expect
- The rhythm of each location is set by the people we support
- We WORK where they live – They do not LIVE where we work
- Our work ratio is 5:2 in our homes and 1:2 at our Condo locations
- Our philosophy of support integrates personal care with community and citizenship
- Expect to accompany people to appointments
- Expect to be involved in many aspects of the lives of the people we support – building and sustaining relationships with family members and un-paid friends, and supporting people at celebrations, gatherings and events
- Expect to assist with personal care, toileting and eating as required, and as the support needs for a person changes
- Expect to play an active role in, and to contribute to the information and goal setting that happens at an annual Person Centred Review
- Expect to do house-cleaning and to create a warm and welcoming space
- Our organization is rooted in the values of inclusion. We expect staff to be open and supportive of others differences including cultural diversity, sexual identity and spirituality and to be respectful of rituals and celebrations
- We are regulated and inspected by the government and must legally meet set standards of competence and care. Therefore all staff are expected to participate in required training specified by the Ministry of Community and Social Services
We offer a career where you can:
- Contribute to a supportive and respectful work and team environment
- Be inspired by, and learn from, the people you support
- Broaden your perspective on what you value and how you see the world
- Gain confidence and competence as you develop new skills and to grow professionally and personally
- Discover the simplicity of just being present to someone
- Influence the public perception of inclusion and citizenship
What can you offer us?
Developmental Service Worker (PART TIME)
Montage Support Services is a leading service provider that offers innovative and individualized services that directly responds to the wishes, hopes, dreams and aspirations of each person living with us. Montage Support Services is committed to providing quality support to people with complex support needs. This is accomplished through a shared focus of families, staff and volunteers in promoting opportunities for individual growth in all aspects of a person’s life, ensuring dignity and respect.
Reporting to the Manager, you will:
- Support individuals in achieving their full potential by facilitating relationships, skills and roles which promote people’s participation as valued members of their community;
- Have an understanding of supporting individuals with complex support needs in a sensitive and respectful manner, in all areas of their lives;
- Participate in the Person Directed Planning process;
- Administer medication as required;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Assist in the work that is involved in daily home life;
- Be available to work pre-determined regularly scheduled shifts i.e. Monday through Sunday (including evenings and weekends)
- Advocating for Others; Collaboration; Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making; Fostering Independence in Others; Initiative; Interpersonal Relations & Respect; Resilience
- Related work experience in the Developmental/Social Services field.
- Valid Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate and valid CPR / First Aid required.
- A Diploma/Certificate in Developmental/Social Services field or a combination of relevant training / post-secondary education and work related experience.
- Knowledge of Community resources
- Valid Driver’s license (where required by location)
- Specialized training (where required by location, i.e. G-Tube)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance
- A current Police Reference Check which includes a Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
Hours: 7:00am-3.00pm, 3.00pm-11.00pm- Monday through Sunday-. Sat/Sun required
Hourly rate: $24.29 per hour
Interested applicants are invited to apply in writing to Human Resources at email@example.com or fax to 416-780-9382. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!