PAWS for Compassion..
is a dog walking service offered through a network of independently contracted dog walkers
Connecting people to their community NOT creating one for them
About our Dog Walkers:
Our network is made up of people with intellectual disabilities (many of whom are dog owners themselves) who have identified a genuine interest in building the skills that will give leverage to them in starting their own small scale dog walking business.
All walkers will receive certified training in:
- Dog Care and First Aid for Dogs (accessed through a third party professional)
- Social and Customer Service Skills
- Marketing and Networking
- Customer Retention and Problem Solving
- Mentor and shadowing opportunities from established dog walkers
- Tax preparation and reporting
- Each walker will also be insured and bonded as professional dog walkers
- Dog owners who place value on providing employment opportunities to people with disabilities
- Owners of dogs that are not suited for group walks
- People who are house bound due to inclement weather, injury, or surgery
More Information to follow as our Business plan is Developed
We are currently in a funding consideration process through the United Way and the Toronto Enterprise Foundation as a Social Enterprise providing employment to people with disabilities.
To make a Donation – click the DONATE NOW button. Be sure to designate your gift to PAWS for COMPASSION