This is a foundation that identifies and builds on the innate gifts, talents and skills development of each person.
From childhood through early adulthood, there are subtle clues and indicators of interests, skills and talents that later become transferable and help us to succeed in our social and work path.
As an essential step in navigating towards employment, DISCOVERY invests the time and focus that it takes to reveal these ‘gifts’. Through an intensive one to one person inspired approach, we look at attributes, interests, roles and relationships, at home and in other social situations, that can often influence and increase networks and possibilities.
By focussing on the core interests and ‘gift’ of the person, we can be part of that integral first step to navigate someone towards work and volunteer experiences where the true essence of their skills can be utilized and where their contribution is needed and valued.
- Information gathering form the participant’s perspective
- Engaging family, friends, community connections, previous placements and networks
- One to One observations at home and in the community to see how interests, activities and interactions play into potential work and/or volunteer experiences
End result: An ongoing reference that tracks
- Scope of possibilities
- Informational interviews
- What worked? What didn’t ? What next?
- Record of jobs and tasks learned to build a case for hiring and later advancement
The value in this process significantly reduces:
- The need to start from scratch each time a job search is required or you need to provide information to a program
- The repetition of jobs that do not reflect the innate skills of a person
- Being identified as a person who is unemployable as a result of miss-matched work experiences
- The likelihood of a job match that reflects interest and skills capacity
- The difference between what they are good at and what they are good at, and likely to stick with
- Motivation, Dependability and Reliability – The three key factors that employers look for
- Job retention and happiness in choices
To talk more about this fee for service
Please contact Michael Mackenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org,
416-606-6375 or 416-780-9630 ext 241